Adobe Creative Suite - Shop, Purchase, Buy Online
Adobe Creative Suite (CS) is a collection of graphic design, video editing, and web development applications made by Adobe Systems. The collection consists of Adobe's applications (e.g., Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign), that are based on various technologies (e.g., PostScript, PDF, Flash). The latest version, Adobe Creative Suite 5 (CS5), was released on 30 April 2010.
Brief descriptions of the applications in the various Adobe Creative Suite editions:
- Adobe Acrobat is a software family dedicated to Adobe's Portable Document Format (PDF):
- Adobe Acrobat Standard, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Adobe Acrobat Professional Extended all allow for the creation of PDF files
- Adobe Reader, a free software application which allows the reading of PDF files
- Adobe After Effects is a digital motion graphics and compositing software published by Adobe Systems. It can be used in film and video post-production.
- Adobe Bridge is an organizational program. Its primary purpose is to link the parts of the Creative Suite together using a format similar to the file browser found in previous versions of Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Contribute can edit the content of a website. It allows a wide variety of people within an organization to update web pages by reducing the amount of web design skills necessary for the process.
- Adobe CS Live is a set of subscription-based online services that integrates with Adobe Creative Suite software. CS Live includes the following services:
- Adobe BrowserLab, a solution for cross-browser testing with ability to preview dynamic web pages and local content with multiple viewing, diagnostic, and comparison tools.
- Adobe CS Review, allow users to create and share reviews online and get feedback on design projects from within Creative Suite desktop applications.
- Acrobat.com, a free web application that allows users to create, store and share documents and PDF files on-line.
- Adobe Story, a collaborative script development tool used to accelerate the process of creating screenplays and turning them into finished media.
- SiteCatalyst NetAverages, a service that provides internet trends data for users to design online content for broad audiences or multiple screens.
- Adobe Device Central's primary purpose is to integrate parts of the Creative Suite together to offer both professional and individual creative professionals, web designers, and mobile developers an easier way to preview and test Flash Lite, bitmap, web, and video content for mobile devices.
- Adobe Dreamweaver is a combination code / GUI web development application.
- Adobe Dynamic Link integrates After Effects with Premiere Pro and with Encore.
- Adobe Encore is a software tool for authoring DVD and Blu-ray - produced by Adobe Systems and targeted at semi-professional video producers. Files are automatically transcoded to MPEG-2 or H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video and Dolby Digital audio. DVD and Blu-ray menus can be created and edited in Adobe Photoshop using special layering techniques.
- Adobe Fireworks is a bitmap and vector graphics editor, aimed at web designers (with features such as: slices, the ability to add hotspots etc.).
- Adobe Flash is a software family dedicated to various Adobe multimedia technologies:
- Adobe Flash Professional, a multimedia authoring program used to create web applications, games, movies, and content for mobile phones and other embedded devices. It features support for vector and raster graphics, a scripting language called ActionScript and bi-directional streaming of audio and video.
- Adobe Flash Catalyst, an interaction design tool that allow users to transform Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks artwork into interactive Adobe Flash projects without writing code.
- Adobe Flash Builder, formerly Adobe Flex Builder, is an integrated development environment (IDE) built on the Eclipse platform meant for developing rich Internet applications (RIAs) and cross-platform desktop applications for the Adobe Flash platform.
- Adobe Flash Player, a free software application which allows the playing of standalone Adobe Flash (SWF) multimedia files.
- Adobe Illustrator is a vector graphics editor.
- Adobe InDesign is a desktop publishing application.
- Adobe OnLocation is a direct-to-disk recording and monitoring software.
- Adobe Photoshop is a raster-graphics editor (with significant vector graphics functionality).
- Adobe Premiere Pro is a real-time, timeline-based video editing software application.
- Adobe Soundbooth is a digital audio editor. Adobe has described it as being "in the spirit of Sound Edit 16 and Cool Edit 2000". Soundbooth is not replacing Adobe Audition, but creating a product for creative professionals who do not specialize in audio.
Photo credit: creativetechs.com