Shop Bench - Shop, Purchase, Buy Online
woodworking shop without a shop bench is like a hamburger
without a patty. What use are the latest and greatest tools
without a place to use them? Mechanics and carpenters alike
require the shop benche as the rudimentary tool of their
shop. Shop online for shop bench plans so that you can build
one yourself. There are shop bench plans for every room design
and floor plan. If an aluminium bench is not your style,
why not try steel or good old-fashioned wood?
Workbenches are not limited to one per shop. Often in a location where several types of work are performed (like woodworking, electrical, electronic, or mechanical), there should likewise be individual workbenches for each type of work. Atlantic Illumination Entertainment Lighting (AIEI), a small lighting business, provides some important workbench tips online. They are summarized as follows:
- Divide shop benches into electrical, electronic, mechanical, and miscellaneous. If possible, have at least two benches.
- Electrical/Electronic benches should be made of wood because it is non-conductive. They should be equipped with pliers, diagonal cutter, knives, wire strippers, scissors, multi Meter (for resistance and voltage testing), a power supply, a socket bar (handy for lamp testing), and some rags.
- Mechanical benches should be made of heavier material. These workbenches should be equipped with large vices, anvil, heavy pliers, hack and wood saws, chisels, files, glue guns, screwdrivers, solvents, and hammers.
- Electrical and electronic work can be combined. Be careful with heavy electrical items around more fragile electronic ones.
- The electrical and electronic benches must be kept away from wood work and drilling sites.
- Have a larger workbench for work on larger items. Place it at a lower height to ensure that once large items are placed on it they are at a comfortable working height.
To indulge in a cliché for a moment, allow me these last words: the proper shop bench will make your project run more smoothly and ensure robust and enduring repairs.
Source: Atlantic Illumination Entertainment Lighting (AIEI)
Photo credit: johnswoodshop.us